Our curriculum is carefully structured around the Australian Curriculum and caters for the diverse academic, social, emotional and physical needs of our students. It allows students to achieve their academic goals while also providing flexibility to cater for the wide range of abilities and interests within a class group.
All students are encouraged to:
- Fully develop their academic, intellectual, social, emotional and physical abilities
- Think critically and creatively
- Develop a life-long enthusiasm and love of learning
- Show respect and compassion towards others at all times
- Show initiative and develop qualities of leadership within the school and wider community
Special attention is given to the basic skills in numeracy and literacy at all levels and in all areas of the curriculum. The ability of students to communicate with others competently and correctly, in both oral and written language, is of major importance.
Students needing additional support are identified and are provided with prompt and targeted intervention. This may include additional support with reading through the Reading Assistance Program, Multi-Lit, Reading Doctor and small group phonological Awareness Program. Numeracy intervention is also provided through QuickSmart Maths.
We believe our students are life-long learners. Our curriculum, our teaching strategies, our assessment and reporting and our day to day interactions with others model and reflect this.
- be self directed
- seek to improve
- know that making mistakes leads to learning
- demonstrate positivity
- have a growth mindset
- take risks
- aspire to challenge
- demonstrate diligence
- be ready and willing to learn
- be open-minded